The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 24 - File: global.php(813) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(813) : eval()'d code 24 errorHandler->error
/global.php 813 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5058 build_theme_select
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(901) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(901) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 901 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 53 - File: inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code 53 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 799 eval
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 743 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 53 - File: inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Current time: 03-28-2024, 05:11 AM
I'm sad
MadSerena Offline

Shows:
2009: Portland 2010: Santiago, Chile
RE: I'm sad
(06-09-2009, 09:27 PM)cathb Wrote: I think what you said above is definitely true. We are fighting an uphill battle but we are going to continue to fight. You mention Jrock and people just stare at you. VAMPS....never heard of them. But we are slowly gaining members here and we continue to advertise and promote. My big fear is that if they don't do well, they won't come back. (They are not even here yet and I am looking towards the future!) I am doing what I can to promote in the area where I live and will continue to do so....right up until concert time. When I get depressed about lack of interest I watch the live performance of Hello and then I work harder. I want to hear that song live so d*mn bad ........
I'm not just afraid they won't be back in the States or they won't do another overseas tour
I'm afraid they will cancel some dates on this tour...I know they really care about their overseas fans, but there must be a maximum amount of money they could afford to lose.

Several things increases my pessimism:
- I've already paid my plane tickets and hotel reservation (plane tickets partially refundable, hotel reservation not refundable at all)
- I really don't know the local fanbase
- I can't be physically there for the promotion
- I can't invite friends/family
- I've seen jrock bands canceling concerts in my country, Chile.

Because of this pessimism and the effort i'm making to attend one of their concerts, i'm getting kinda intolerant. Comments like "I won't go, because i like Laruku and Hyde, but not VAMPS", "the nearest concert is like 100 miles from home, too far" and "US$ 30 per ticket, too much money" really irk me...but we must try to convince those "fans" to go.

I don't think we will get a significant number of "brand-new" fans who will be eager to buy a ticket, in just a month or so...unless we create an internet phenomena like Susan Boyle or "Giroogamesh". So maybe we must concentrate our efforts to appeal the undecided who already like VAMPS/Hyde/Oblivion Dust. For example: when An Cafe came to Chile, fans made an event to raise funds for the fans who couldn't afford the tickets (US$ 30-90)

/sorry for being rantish
06-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Find Reply
Usagi Hoshino Offline
Vampress Mod

Shows:
L'arc~En~Ciel 20th Anniversary WT: - New York (first time seeing L'arc~!) - London - Paris <3
(06-09-2009, 11:09 PM)MadSerena Wrote:
(06-09-2009, 09:27 PM)cathb Wrote: I think what you said above is definitely true. We are fighting an uphill battle but we are going to continue to fight. You mention Jrock and people just stare at you. VAMPS....never heard of them. But we are slowly gaining members here and we continue to advertise and promote. My big fear is that if they don't do well, they won't come back. (They are not even here yet and I am looking towards the future!) I am doing what I can to promote in the area where I live and will continue to do so....right up until concert time. When I get depressed about lack of interest I watch the live performance of Hello and then I work harder. I want to hear that song live so d*mn bad ........
I'm not just afraid they won't be back in the States or they won't do another overseas tour
I'm afraid they will cancel some dates on this tour...I know they really care about their overseas fans, but there must be a maximum amount of money they could afford to lose.

Several things increases my pessimism:
- I've already paid my plane tickets and hotel reservation (plane tickets partially refundable, hotel reservation not refundable at all)
- I really don't know the local fanbase
- I can't be physically there for the promotion
- I can't invite friends/family
- I've seen jrock bands canceling concerts in my country, Chile.

Because of this pessimism and the effort i'm making to attend one of their concerts, i'm getting kinda intolerant. Comments like "I won't go, because i like Laruku and Hyde, but not VAMPS", "the nearest concert is like 100 miles from home, too far" and "US$ 30 per ticket, too much money" really irk me...but we must try to convince those "fans" to go.

I don't think we will get a significant number of "brand-new" fans who will be eager to buy a ticket, in just a month or so...unless we create an internet phenomena like Susan Boyle or "Giroogamesh". So maybe we must concentrate our efforts to appeal the undecided who already like VAMPS/Hyde/Oblivion Dust. For example: when An Cafe came to Chile, fans made an event to raise funds for the fans who couldn't afford the tickets (US$ 30-90)

/sorry for being rantish

I'm going from Peru so we are on the same boat ^^" T__T specially with hotels and plane tickets NOT being refundable. I have faith on them they won't cancel on us! Icon_heart At least I was able to convince 4 people from here to go with me to the concert. We all do as much as we are able to ^^!
[Image: 101801770_19e90eafe3_m.jpg]

L'Anniversary~! <3
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2009, 11:44 PM by Usagi Hoshino.)
06-09-2009, 11:43 PM
Website Find Reply
Hedelex Offline

Shows:
What a big loser I am! None this year ;_;
I personally think that tickets are not expensive at all, An Cafe's tickets were around 40USD and it was stuffed, partly because they were brought to Mexico by people that got them good promotion, but also because mexican people... were already here!! X-D Believe me, fans bang their head on walls when they know VAMPS live's cost only 300 dolars! What's expensive is transportation and lodging... but even that's fixable! there is a bigger obstacle that almost nobody mentions –I certainly I am curious as to why– the Visa @_@ I got mine a couple of years ago, but really, many MANY friends won't attend because they lack the Visa. I really don't want to bother with some "come to Latin America" issue again, but Visa REALLY gets in the way of latino fans! The friend I got tickets for won't be coming with me to the lives, guess why... he didn't get the card. Now I've got extra tickets too x_x but I'm sure I'll be able to drag someone along ;-D I am –most likely– arriving to San Diego 2 days before the show... you think I'd be crazy to go on big groups to malls and stuff in order to recruit more people for the lives? I'm up for it if you are :-)
06-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Find Reply
cathb Offline

Shows:
Los Angeles - Avalon Hollywood Great American Music Hall - San Francisco Hard Rock Cafe - Las Vegas
(06-11-2009, 03:12 AM)Hedelex Wrote: I personally think that tickets are not expensive at all, An Cafe's tickets were around 40USD and it was stuffed, partly because they were brought to Mexico by people that got them good promotion, but also because mexican people... were already here!! X-D Believe me, fans bang their head on walls when they know VAMPS live's cost only 300 dolars! What's expensive is transportation and lodging... but even that's fixable! there is a bigger obstacle that almost nobody mentions –I certainly I am curious as to why– the Visa @_@ I got mine a couple of years ago, but really, many MANY friends won't attend because they lack the Visa. I really don't want to bother with some "come to Latin America" issue again, but Visa REALLY gets in the way of latino fans! The friend I got tickets for won't be coming with me to the lives, guess why... he didn't get the card. Now I've got extra tickets too x_x but I'm sure I'll be able to drag someone along ;-D I am –most likely– arriving to San Diego 2 days before the show... you think I'd be crazy to go on big groups to malls and stuff in order to recruit more people for the lives? I'm up for it if you are :-)

I would think that the reason no one has mentioned the Visa is because we honestly have not given it a thought. I know that my dream is to go to Japan in 2011 to see L'arc's 20th Anniversary show. I also know that I will need to get a passport to do that. That is just a given.
I admire the out of the country fans who are coming to the show. I know the cost is killing some of you. For the lives that I am going to, I am also paying for 2 other people. So all of my costs are times 3. The transportation, lodging, and food for the San Francisco show will cost me over $500 and I live in California!
06-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Find Reply