The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 24 - File: global.php(813) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(813) : eval()'d code 24 errorHandler->error
/global.php 813 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5058 build_theme_select
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(901) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(901) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 901 eval
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 743 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 53 - File: inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code 53 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 799 eval
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 53 - File: inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 743 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Current time: 05-19-2024, 06:12 PM
VAMPS live vids showing less emphasis on HYDE's guitar?
VAMPkito Offline
Symphony of Lamentful Lust

Shows:
July 16 - Baltimore, Maryland
VAMPS live vids showing less emphasis on HYDE's guitar?
Before I go into this, I want to say right out first: I understand that HYDE is first and foremost a vocalist and I definitely find his vocal talent to be much better than his guitar skills. Furthmore, I definitely understand that K.A.Z is the lead guitarist, so obviously most of the guitar parts are going to revolve around him.

Anyway, so after watching a bit of VAMPS LIVE 2008, but mostly VAMPS LIVE 2009 USA at New York, I began to notice that very few of the shots of HYDE focus mostly on everything above his guitar with very few shots of him actually playing his guitar and I mean truly playing it. An example of what I mean by actually playing it would be in the New York performance of SECRET IN MY HEART and pretty much any performance of UNEXPECTED [DIST.]. I mean, just... playing the shit out if it, lol. Playing it with passion. Headbanging, rocking to it. Pretty much doing anything aside from just standing there singing.

Again, I know that HYDE is first and foremost a vocalist, but it even says in his description on every official VAMPS website that he is also a guitarist. Through most of HYDE's solo work, I've always loved how the live clips seem to, rather intentional or not, emphasize that though he is a singer, the guitar is part of him, and so we see him both belting out powerful vocals while playing his guitar passionately to the rhythm. That's just my outlook on it, so it sort of disappoints me to think that they might start to neglect HYDE's guitaring. I'm not saying they should cut out K.A.Z's time for it, though. In a perfect world, we'd have clips that more closely represented that both HYDE and K.A.Z's guitars were actually collaborating as opposed to one doing one job which may or may not be more important the other's.

So anyway, figured I'd just ask if I'm the only one who's noticing this or am I just going insane? D:
[Image: vamps_allstars.png]
KNEEL BEFORE THE MARCHING TURKEYS
12-20-2009, 04:00 AM
Website Find Reply
cathb Offline

Shows:
Los Angeles - Avalon Hollywood Great American Music Hall - San Francisco Hard Rock Cafe - Las Vegas
RE: VAMPS live vids showing less emphasis on HYDE's guitar?
(12-20-2009, 04:00 AM)VAMPkito Wrote: Before I go into this, I want to say right out first: I understand that HYDE is first and foremost a vocalist and I definitely find his vocal talent to be much better than his guitar skills. Furthmore, I definitely understand that K.A.Z is the lead guitarist, so obviously most of the guitar parts are going to revolve around him.

Anyway, so after watching a bit of VAMPS LIVE 2008, but mostly VAMPS LIVE 2009 USA at New York, I began to notice that very few of the shots of HYDE focus mostly on everything above his guitar with very few shots of him actually playing his guitar and I mean truly playing it. An example of what I mean by actually playing it would be in the New York performance of SECRET IN MY HEART and pretty much any performance of UNEXPECTED [DIST.]. I mean, just... playing the shit out if it, lol. Playing it with passion. Headbanging, rocking to it. Pretty much doing anything aside from just standing there singing.

Again, I know that HYDE is first and foremost a vocalist, but it even says in his description on every official VAMPS website that he is also a guitarist. Through most of HYDE's solo work, I've always loved how the live clips seem to, rather intentional or not, emphasize that though he is a singer, the guitar is part of him, and so we see him both belting out powerful vocals while playing his guitar passionately to the rhythm. That's just my outlook on it, so it sort of disappoints me to think that they might start to neglect HYDE's guitaring. I'm not saying they should cut out K.A.Z's time for it, though. In a perfect world, we'd have clips that more closely represented that both HYDE and K.A.Z's guitars were actually collaborating as opposed to one doing one job which may or may not be more important the other's.

So anyway, figured I'd just ask if I'm the only one who's noticing this or am I just going insane? D:

Well, it's not a full moon yet, so I think you are ok. :)
Seriously, I've never noticed it. But maybe I dont' pay as much attention to detail as you do.
I'm hooked on watching the PV of L'arc's I Wish at the moment and there are plenty of Hyde guitar shots in it or you know that is what is happening the way his right arm is going crazy.
Maybe the camera men try to instill the role of the person in their shots. Plus, as you mentioned, Hyde's main job is vocals.....thankfully for us. He is not always playing the guitar unlike K.A.Z .
My take on it....I'm sure you will get plenty of replies.
12-20-2009, 10:48 AM
Find Reply
iceybabes Offline
Kazeist

Shows:
♥Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas♥
RE: VAMPS live vids showing less emphasis on HYDE's guitar?
Well the thing is, Kazu is the lead guitarist and while yes Hyde is a guitarist as well it's not the main focus of Hyde, himself. Hyde is a vocalist/lead singer so they focus on him as that where as they focus on Kazu as lead guitarist. I mean really its like I could say they don't focus on Kazu singing backing vocals as much as they do his guitar skills. It's kind of the same thing really, except they don't say Kazu is "backing vocals" on anything I don't believe. But its the same idea. I think it's nice to see them show more of Kazu's guitar skills instead of focusing on Hyde just playing rhythm guitar. (Compare FAITH to VAMPS LIVE 2009 in NYC or VAMPS LIVE 2008. FAITH you saw MUCH less of Kazu and MUCH more of Hyde. I understand FAITH was "HYDE" not VAMPS but it's just for comparison.) I don't think they are doing it because Hyde is bad or anything, it's just not his main focal area. I really think they are trying to even out the "screen" time some as well and really, do many fangirls really want to see Hyde playing guitar or singing? I think probably singing? So its possibly the reason why they are focusing less on his guitar playing. Honestly, when I saw VAMPS live I didn't really even notice Hyde was playing guitar (Okay so I didn't notice many things except Kazu :3 but I did pay attention to his guitar playing!!)

And in a perfect world we'd have a DVD that would have various angles and let us choose our VAMPS member of choice and only watch the member of our choice :3
[Image: lilheader-1.png]
♥ K.A.Z.♥
Kaz's Sneaky Shadow Panda
We're Not Just Fans, We're A VAMPS Army!

Vamps LJ Community
K.A.Z. Daily LJ Community
12-21-2009, 04:28 PM
Website Find Reply