The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 24 - File: global.php(813) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(813) : eval()'d code 24 errorHandler->error
/global.php 813 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5058 build_theme_select
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(901) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(901) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 901 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 53 - File: inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code 53 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 799 eval
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 53 - File: inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Current time: 04-19-2024, 06:20 PM
If people get crazy
The Shockstar Offline

Shows:
Avalon
If people get crazy
So I decided to post a thread addressing the fact that from what I am seeing the crowd tends to get a bit rough. I have a lot of experience with rough crowds. I've been in the pit for Slayer twice, The pit for Manson was INSANE, Cannibal Corpse, Ministry, Lamb of God twice, and Children of Bodom twice. I figure if anyone has some tips to just jump in.

So here's my advice for dealling with the fellow audience members if it get's crazy:

-Get yourself comfortable as you can before everything starts; eat enough, drink enough, and use the poddy last thing before the doors open.
-Don't over-eat. At the last show I went to my stomach was killing me. I really had to get out of the Manson about half way through because I felt like I was going to throw up.
-When you feel like you are about to get too tired start working your way out early.
-Assert yourself; if you need out, look people who are blocking you in the eyes and say it loud and clear: "MOVE! I NEED TO GET OUT! NOW!"
-Be the bigger person; If someone is crushing you, hitting you or just being an ass, let them get in the spot they are trying to push you out of. move to the side or back a little. I find that a lot of the time you can get a better view if you move back and to the side a little anyways.
-If you fucking crowd surf and you boot me in the head I will punch you in the balls so hard that you will never be able to use them again! If you crowd surf and the audience cant carry you anymore, get down, because if you don't then the people might just throw you and then you will hurt someone. Bringing me to my next point...
-If you have half a bit of courtesy don't crowd surf at all.
-If you don't want to get smashed the front and center is a bad place to start off because I find this is where people just totally bambard right at the beggining of the show.

The following is what I try to do at every concert I go to and it bewilders me as to why others don't:
-Help each other out; If you see someone struggling help them. If someone is trying to get out, move so they can get out. Tell other people around you to move so they can get out. If you are gretting pushed to far one way, push back BUT try not to push too much. If you push the other way too hard you'll cause people on the other side to get smashed and the crowd will just be moving back and forth in a violent manner. Just push back enough that you aren't forced into crushing someone and you can kkep yourself balanced.

-Try to have fun no matter what. If someone is being a total jerk try to block them out. Remember that a moment of sadness or anger is a moment of potential happiness lost and gone forever.

If you got anymore crazy audience handling tips, this is the thread to post it.
07-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Find
MadSerena Offline

Shows:
2009: Portland 2010: Santiago, Chile
RE: If people get crazy
Awesome, another concert veteran (seems like the pits for Manson are an international problem haha)

my pieces of advice:
- About footwear: I understand that you'd like to look pretty in front of VAMPS...but if you use platforms or high heels, there's a lot of chances that you'll twist your ankle or make a hole in another person's foot; if you're worried about being too short, shoes won't make you significantly taller, unless you wear some insane model (please, don't). And because stomping happens, even in the nicest audiences, try to use closed shoes.
- Don't overestimate the average level of stamina: crowds tend to go insane at the beggining of the concerts, but they're human just like you and get tired as well. If things aren't that bad, hang on for a few minutes, the crowd should be calmer after the second or third song.
07-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Find
cathb Offline

Shows:
Los Angeles - Avalon Hollywood Great American Music Hall - San Francisco Hard Rock Cafe - Las Vegas
(07-28-2009, 04:06 PM)MadSerena Wrote: Awesome, another concert veteran (seems like the pits for Manson are an international problem haha)

my pieces of advice:
- About footwear: I understand that you'd like to look pretty in front of VAMPS...but if you use platforms or high heels, there's a lot of chances that you'll twist your ankle or make a hole in another person's foot; if you're worried about being too short, shoes won't make you significantly taller, unless you wear some insane model (please, don't). And because stomping happens, even in the nicest audiences, try to use closed shoes.
- Don't overestimate the average level of stamina: crowds tend to go insane at the beggining of the concerts, but they're human just like you and get tired as well. If things aren't that bad, hang on for a few minutes, the crowd should be calmer after the second or third song.

I know that I am going to invest in some steel-toed boots in the future.
After Vegas, I will respectfully disagree about the stamina. These people would just not give up. I did move to the side and it didn't matter. The girl who was particurally mean just kept on me and the little Japanese girl. We weren't even in her way as both of us moved to give her the spot she wanted. She was just nasty.
07-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Find
The Shockstar Offline

Shows:
Avalon
Yeah I'm at a point where I always wear steal toes
07-29-2009, 02:54 AM
Find
ccchan2630 Offline

Shows:
Las Vegas
Shockstar&MadSerena... you guys are awesome!!! It's a bit after the fact but i TOTALLY agree with your show etiquette! I went to the Vegas show and I didn't think it was so bad... some did. I think our show could have benefited from your wisdom. Hope your show was super fun!!!
08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
Find
The Shockstar Offline

Shows:
Avalon
(07-28-2009, 06:24 PM)cathb Wrote:
(07-28-2009, 04:06 PM)MadSerena Wrote: Awesome, another concert veteran (seems like the pits for Manson are an international problem haha)

my pieces of advice:

I know that I am going to invest in some steel-toed boots in the future.
After Vegas, I will respectfully disagree about the stamina. These people would just not give up. I did move to the side and it didn't matter. The girl who was particurally mean just kept on me and the little Japanese girl. We weren't even in her way as both of us moved to give her the spot she wanted. She was just nasty.

I thought the Soma and Wiltern crowds were generally pretty mellow. There were some little girls who were kinda pushy but I just stepped aside and ended up much closer to Ju-Ken anyways.
08-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Find