The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 24 - File: global.php(813) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(813) : eval()'d code 24 errorHandler->error
/global.php 813 eval
/showthread.php 24 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5058 build_theme_select
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(901) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(901) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 901 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "mybb" - Line: 1919 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 1919 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_indicators.php 41 my_set_array_cookie
/showthread.php 626 mark_thread_read
File Line Function
/inc/functions_user.php 733 is_member
/inc/functions_post.php 399 purgespammer_show
/showthread.php 1063 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 642 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 700 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 705 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php 743 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 53 - File: inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code 53 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions_post.php 799 eval
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "canonlyreplyownthreads" - Line: 642 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 700 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 705 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "posttime" - Line: 53 - File: inc/functions_post.php(799) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 743 - File: inc/functions_post.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "invisible" - Line: 1497 - File: showthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 1497 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $threadnotesbox - Line: 30 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 30 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $ratethread - Line: 38 - File: showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1524) : eval()'d code 38 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php 1524 eval

Current time: 03-29-2024, 07:52 AM
American Clothing Retailer Blatantly Rips Off VAMPS logo?
VAMPkito Offline
Symphony of Lamentful Lust

Shows:
July 16 - Baltimore, Maryland
American Clothing Retailer Blatantly Rips Off VAMPS logo?
Okay, with all the attention surrounding the L'Arc world tour news (and even that has been very little lately on this board it would seem), I don't think this will get much attention, but for anyone who is interested and DOES see it...

A topic was made a long while ago which featured various examples of merchandise that looks eerily similar the VAMPS lips logo, but for the most part, the merchandise in question was easy to distinguish and stood out as clearly not VAMPS merchandise but does look like it could be.

HOWEVER, US clothing retailer Charlotte Russe has blurred the line a bit with one of their (I must admit highly fashionable) tops. Don't believe me? Click the link below.

http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/in...d=11959666

Now, of course. You're all probably saying "Oh, it's not exactly the same." Well, the only differences I can see is that the fangs are slightly larger and they added a (rather unnecessary and confusing) blood effect to the side. Other than that, everything down to the blood dripping from the bottom lip is exactly the same.

So, yeah, apparently Charlotte Russe are trademark violators! ... But since VAMPS merchandise that is readily available for purchase overseas is too expensive and usually incredibly bland by comparison to their Japanese counterparts, I'm going to go ahead and say... I approve of this. If I had the money, I'd buy this shirt in a heartbeat.

Still, though, it's weird that it really is the same logo with some very minor alterations here and there.
[Image: vamps_allstars.png]
KNEEL BEFORE THE MARCHING TURKEYS
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2011, 06:54 PM by VAMPkito.)
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
Website Find Reply
cathb Offline

Shows:
Los Angeles - Avalon Hollywood Great American Music Hall - San Francisco Hard Rock Cafe - Las Vegas
RE: American Clothing Retailer Blatantly Rips Off VAMPS logo?
(10-02-2011, 06:52 PM)VAMPkito Wrote: Okay, with all the attention surrounding the L'Arc world tour news (and even that has been very little lately on this board it would seem), I don't think this will get much attention, but for anyone who is interested and DOES see it...

A topic was made a long while ago which featured various examples of merchandise that looks eerily similar the VAMPS lips logo, but for the most part, the merchandise in question was easy to distinguish and stood out as clearly not VAMPS merchandise but does look like it could be.

HOWEVER, US clothing retailer Charlotte Russe has blurred the line a bit with one of their (I must admit highly fashionable) tops. Don't believe me? Click the link below.

http://www.charlotterusse.com/product/in...d=11959666

Now, of course. You're all probably saying "Oh, it's not exactly the same." Well, the only differences I can see is that the fangs are slightly larger and they added a (rather unnecessary and confusing) blood effect to the side. Other than that, everything down to the blood dripping from the bottom lip is exactly the same.

So, yeah, apparently Charlotte Russe are trademark violators! ... But since VAMPS merchandise that is readily available for purchase overseas is too expensive and usually incredibly bland by comparison to their Japanese counterparts, I'm going to go ahead and say... I approve of this. If I had the money, I'd buy this shirt in a heartbeat.

Still, though, it's weird that it really is the same logo with some very minor alterations here and there.

I agree it is very similiar. However, with a mouth, teeth, fangs, there is only so much you can do for variations. It is pretty.......
10-02-2011, 08:25 PM
Find Reply
Mme. H Offline
Incarnate

Shows:
~Toured The UNDERWORLD ♥; L.A. & Seattle, 2017~ ~Made Love in Hollywood 2013~ There in Madison Square Garden, when our hearts drew a Dream ~♥~ Hunted in L.A. & S.F. 2010 ~ Ecstatic, stunned survivor of Seattle + Portland + L.A., 2009. ~ Ah, VAMPS...Now I need to hunt!
The logo of full, red lips with fangs and dripping blood is so classic and iconic that it's occurred to me before, it's not unique enough to make it easy to protect as a trademark, minus the word VAMPS in that bold impact font. In fact, at least once or twice, I've run across an image almost identical, that predates VAMPS, used to advertise something - whether it was music or a movie, I don't recall.

Now, if the Russe graphic or any other were to match the VAMPS logo in distinctive ways, you might be able to make the claim stronger, like, if the ink color or the proportions were to precisely match VAMPS' logo, with just a few changes made, to mask the copy.

One of the things I've always noticed about the VAMPS logo is that the two front teeth are disproportionately wide, and only four top row teeth show, across the entire mouth. In the Russe graphic, the edges of 2 more teeth show.

On one hand, the VAMPS logo has made that image prominent, in the past 3 years, so you might realistically say Russe is unfairly profitting from the image's association with a popular group, thereby violating VAMPS trademark rights (not sure if these are the correct legal terms).

That 'love at first bite' pun is also a rip-off from the title of a vampire movie parody.

On the other hand, the red lips with fangs and blood is not an original concept, and the sexy-but-dangerous vampire theme can be seen being used to sell in lots of places.
I am the Desire...
The need for fresh .blOod VAMPS is strong in me.
10-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Find Reply
chandelierswing Offline
Subway train dweller, coffee sipper.

Shows:
NY- Irving Plaza. NY- Roseland Balloom. NY- Madison Square Garden.
I actually agree with this immensely, because I saw a shirt with Mika Nakashima on it at a Charlotte Russe in Manhattan years ago. I'll leave it at that...
[Image: 38887_1348962290028_1410477739_30869228_6622299_n.jpg]

nemuri heto ochi teyuku kimi ni kotoba wo sagasu
garasu no hane de yugamu koe de
tayori nakumo iki teyukuto
ima kimi ni chikau yo inori wo kome te
kimi ni konai ashita e
10-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Find Reply
VAMPkito Offline
Symphony of Lamentful Lust

Shows:
July 16 - Baltimore, Maryland
(10-02-2011, 08:25 PM)cathb Wrote: I agree it is very similiar. However, with a mouth, teeth, fangs, there is only so much you can do for variations. It is pretty.......
If by very similar, it was copy and pasted with only a few minor alterations made in post. @3@

(10-03-2011, 01:16 AM)Mme. H Wrote: The logo of full, red lips with fangs and dripping blood is so classic and iconic that it's occurred to me before, it's not unique enough to make it easy to protect as a trademark, minus the word VAMPS in that bold impact font. In fact, at least once or twice, I've run across an image almost identical, that predates VAMPS, used to advertise something - whether it was music or a movie, I don't recall.

Now, if the Russe graphic or any other were to match the VAMPS logo in distinctive ways, you might be able to make the claim stronger, like, if the ink color or the proportions were to precisely match VAMPS' logo, with just a few changes made, to mask the copy.

One of the things I've always noticed about the VAMPS logo is that the two front teeth are disproportionately wide, and only four top row teeth show, across the entire mouth. In the Russe graphic, the edges of 2 more teeth show.

On one hand, the VAMPS logo has made that image prominent, in the past 3 years, so you might realistically say Russe is unfairly profitting from the image's association with a popular group, thereby violating VAMPS trademark rights (not sure if these are the correct legal terms).

That 'love at first bite' pun is also a rip-off from the title of a vampire movie parody.

On the other hand, the red lips with fangs and blood is not an original concept, and the sexy-but-dangerous vampire theme can be seen being used to sell in lots of places.

Well, like I said. Looks almost PRECISELY the same, at least to me. The blood effect is in the same location with the same physics and everything. Granted, they did do some sort of PhotoShop job to make it look slightly more their own. I understand that a lot there are a lot of lips-with-fangs-and-blood-on-the-bottom images, but usually they're stylized in the artists' own unique fashion, whilst this looks like a near blatant copy-and-paste job with some alterations here and there.

(10-19-2011, 01:47 PM)chandelierswing Wrote: I actually agree with this immensely, because I saw a shirt with Mika Nakashima on it at a Charlotte Russe in Manhattan years ago. I'll leave it at that...
I would like to have been around to see that. :c
[Image: vamps_allstars.png]
KNEEL BEFORE THE MARCHING TURKEYS
10-20-2011, 06:55 PM
Website Find Reply