The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 24 - File: global.php(813) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(813) : eval()'d code 24 errorHandler->error
/global.php 813 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5058 build_theme_select
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(901) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(901) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 901 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International
Recent strange messages... - Printable Version

+- VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com)
+-- Forum: VAMPS (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Recent strange messages... (/showthread.php?tid=89)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Recent strange messages... - VAMPS + American Street Team + - 04-26-2009

Ok, wow...I have the biggest headache ever. *sigh* Ha ha...ok, with that aside, has anyone received messages from a user on this forum by the name of "toshinyan?" This person is asking for addresses in order to send a postcard, poster, and flier in order to help promote VAMPS' tour. To be quite honest, I have not received any messages from J that said I should be expecting to receive such a message. Thus, I don't know whether or not this guy is actually legit. However, J once told me that there was a person here (in America) helping to promote the tour. I had asked to be put in contact with that person, but J never responded. It's quite possible that this person is somehow affiliated with VAMPS, but to be on the safe side, please do not respond to such messages until I say otherwise.

I have also received a message and a friend request from this person on Facebook. Once again, if you have as well, please do nothing. Do not respond to the message and neither add or decline the friend request.

I have sent J a message with regards to this issue, but since I just sent it today, I have yet to receive a response. So, please do not respond to the message(s) until I get a confirmation from J. Thanks!!

Much VAMPS-love,
H.P.

-----------------------------------------

To toshinyan:

On behalf of the VAMPS + American Street Team+, we have not received any notification from VAMPS' manager, J, that your company is involved in promoting VAMPS' tour. Please do not be offended by this, but until we are able to get some sort of confirmation from VAMPS' manager that you are in fact affiliated with VAMPS, their staff, etc...then we can not give you our mailing addresses at this time, for safety purposes. Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
H.P.

RE: Recent strange messages... - Tokio - 04-26-2009

He may be legit. He said he works for neu bauhaus AND he sent me a press release (which I posted on black swan website).

He also sent me the flyer (.jpg, .psd, and .ai) for the tour and it's the same one as the flyer I posted from Sonar (minus the venue words, since I'm assuming each venue adds their own name)

Here's the website for the company he says he works for: http://www.neubauhaus.net/

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/neubauhaus

And blogspot for the lady that owns the company: http://neubauhaus.blogspot.com/

RE: Recent strange messages... - VAMPS + American Street Team + - 04-26-2009

(04-26-2009, 11:16 PM)Tokio Wrote: He may be legit. He said he works for neu bauhaus AND he sent me a press release (which I posted on black swan website).

He also sent me the flyer (.jpg, .psd, and .ai) for the tour and it's the same one as the flyer I posted from Sonar (minus the venue words, since I'm assuming each venue adds their own name)

Here's the website for the company he says he works for: http://www.neubauhaus.net/

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/neubauhaus

And blogspot for the lady that owns the company: http://neubauhaus.blogspot.com/

---------------------------

Oh really? I kinda' have a feeling he that he may be legit, but just to be on the safe side... I just thought it was kind of odd, since I didn't hear anything from J. I thought he'd send me a message about it or something. However, it could be that J is a little late in getting me the information. Either way though, I'll just wait until I can get some sort of confirmation from him. Thanks for the info!

RE: Recent strange messages... - Tokio - 04-26-2009

I think J is in Spain with Monoral, so you might have a wait for awhile. That might be why he hasn't said anything. Busy busy with tour stuff.

I think he may be legit since he had a legit company and the press release/psd files and stuff. And it's not the first time I've been contacted by promotional people (two other times, but it was for different bands).

I already gave him my address because I'm not too concerned about being murdered or anything. I think he said they were sending out the postcards/flyers this coming week, so I guess I'll find out if he was lying or not.

His IP address shows he's in California, so he's got a long way to travel if he's going to kill me.

RE: Recent strange messages... - tracycoder - 04-26-2009

I got one of those messages also and so did several of my friends.. I actually messaged J about this because most of my friends were afraid to give out their address to him. I gave him my PO Box address in a another town I use just in case. J is on tour still with Monoral right now i believe so that could be the reason no one has heard anything about this yet.

RE: Recent strange messages... - VAMPS + American Street Team + - 04-26-2009

(04-26-2009, 11:35 PM)Tokio Wrote: I think J is in Spain with Monoral, so you might have a wait for awhile. That might be why he hasn't said anything. Busy busy with tour stuff.

I think he may be legit since he had a legit company and the press release/psd files and stuff. And it's not the first time I've been contacted by promotional people (two other times, but it was for different bands).

I already gave him my address because I'm not too concerned about being murdered or anything. I think he said they were sending out the postcards/flyers this coming week, so I guess I'll find out if he was lying or not.

His IP address shows he's in California, so he's got a long way to travel if he's going to kill me.

---------------------

Ha ha ha...yeah, I kinda' figured as much. However, if he does in fact send you something, please let me know. Since you say his IP address is in California, that kind of coincides with what J told me. I'm trying to go through some of my e-mails, but I think he mentioned something about the person being in California. AnyVAMPS, please keep me posted if you receive anything!

- H.P.

RE: Recent strange messages... - Noctilca - 04-27-2009

I actually wrote to J about this yesterday but haven't heard anything (which makes sense if he's in Spain). I've been afraid to give out my address, so I hope someone can confirm that this person is legit (I'd *love* to have a postcard and poster!)

RE: Recent strange messages... - VAMPS + American Street Team + - 04-27-2009

(04-27-2009, 12:06 AM)Noctilca Wrote: I actually wrote to J about this yesterday but haven't heard anything (which makes sense if he's in Spain). I've been afraid to give out my address, so I hope someone can confirm that this person is legit (I'd *love* to have a postcard and poster!)

---------------------------

Ha ha ha...I'd love a postcard too. But like I said, I think it's best if we wait. I'm sorry, but I have three very young siblings that I live with, so I wouldn't want to put them in danger. I live in CA, so I can't afford to take that risk. Unfortunately, ours is a world where we can't really trust people very easily, so forgive me if I come off sounding like a worry-wart.

RE: Recent strange messages... - Noctilca - 04-27-2009

(04-27-2009, 12:19 AM)VAMPS + American Street Team + Wrote: Ha ha ha...I'd love a postcard too. But like I said, I think it's best if we wait. I'm sorry, but I have three very young siblings that I live with, so I wouldn't want to put them in danger. I live in CA, so I can't afford to take that risk. Unfortunately, ours is a world where we can't really trust people very easily, so forgive me if I come off sounding like a worry-wart.

Heh, I'm a worry-wart, too - but better safe than sorry, I always say! Let us know if you hear anything...

RE: Recent strange messages... - VAMPS + American Street Team + - 04-27-2009

(04-27-2009, 12:38 AM)Noctilca Wrote:
(04-27-2009, 12:19 AM)VAMPS + American Street Team + Wrote: Ha ha ha...I'd love a postcard too. But like I said, I think it's best if we wait. I'm sorry, but I have three very young siblings that I live with, so I wouldn't want to put them in danger. I live in CA, so I can't afford to take that risk. Unfortunately, ours is a world where we can't really trust people very easily, so forgive me if I come off sounding like a worry-wart.

Heh, I'm a worry-wart, too - but better safe than sorry, I always say! Let us know if you hear anything...

-------------------------------------------

Oh yeah, most definitely! I'll keep you guys updated as soon as the info becomes available to me. ;)

- H.P.

------------------------------------------------------