The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 24 - File: global.php(813) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(813) : eval()'d code 24 errorHandler->error
/global.php 813 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5058 build_theme_select
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(901) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(901) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 901 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International
New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - Printable Version

+- VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com)
+-- Forum: VAMPS (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! (/showthread.php?tid=484)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - mamikochan - 12-06-2009

(12-06-2009, 03:08 PM)VAMPkito Wrote: Awww, the song (or at least the most we hear from that sports program) is so pretty!! :3 I want this badly now T_T

=( But I don't like HYDE's hair like that. It was the ONLY thing I didn't like about Roentgen (the photos mostly featured him with short, gentlemanly hair, which, to me, just doesn't have the same feel as what I'd expect from HYDE) - But I guess if that's what he wants, then it's the music that counts, right?
---------------------
i enjoyed the previews up YouTube. Thanks cathb for posting the links. that's what i was checking on, to make sure someone had. and just as well about the keyhole tv since it wasn't functioning properly anyway and the shows were probably just shown on NHK premium. >.<

as to hyde's hair, maybe he whacked it all off to get rid of the dry bits and growing out perm so he can start all over growing it out for next tour season with VAMPS, but not appear right now with L'Arc with red bed-head hair. Icon_lol he's been known to cut it all off like this before when it had gotten a little bit worse for wear. great example: just before the start of the AWAKE Tour when someone got carried away layering his long locks. he went from really long to really short, as did yuki. besides, his hair grows like grass in a rainy spell. heheh Icon_biggrin
though there have been quite a few comments floating around that this cut makes him look his age. Icon_eh personally, that doesn't bother me at all. he'll still be a cutie-pie when he's 80. Icon_heart Icon_heart

i thought it was a bit noteworthy that he's wearing more elaborate earrings, or at least the one i could see on the left. not just little studs. i liked it. Icon_smile

RE: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - Tokio - 12-06-2009

The song makes me think of Christmas and winter, so I guess it's fitting for winter Olympics. ^^

Hyde's hair: I think it looks kind of odd but it's also probably because it's not styled. I think I'll have to wait to pass judgment until the TV performance when it will be all styled and prettied.

Kinda reminds me of way back when he cut his hair before countdown/season's call etc. (I think it's that era? When he cut his hair short and everyone thought he looked 17. It was a couple years ago)

RE: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - cathb - 12-06-2009

(12-06-2009, 03:08 PM)VAMPkito Wrote: Awww, the song (or at least the most we hear from that sports program) is so pretty!! :3 I want this badly now T_T

=( But I don't like HYDE's hair like that. It was the ONLY thing I didn't like about Roentgen (the photos mostly featured him with short, gentlemanly hair, which, to me, just doesn't have the same feel as what I'd expect from HYDE) - But I guess if that's what he wants, then it's the music that counts, right?

I'm not fond of it either as I prefer him just like we saw him. :)

My own opinion is that he "cleaned up" for the Olympics thing. Ken cut his some, too and Yuki's is fairly short. I did notice that he is sporting a new earring in the top of his left ear though.

RE: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - Usagi Hoshino - 12-06-2009

I love his hair ^^ I prefer that color to carrot hair xD. I would like it longer but after meeting him he could go bald and I wouldn't care T_T

I think the single will be my birthday present ! *-* Thanks for the Links Cathb ^^

RE: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - mamikochan - 12-06-2009

(12-06-2009, 06:02 PM)Tokio Wrote: The song makes me think of Christmas and winter, so I guess it's fitting for winter Olympics. ^^

Hyde's hair: I think it looks kind of odd but it's also probably because it's not styled. I think I'll have to wait to pass judgment until the TV performance when it will be all styled and prettied.

Kinda reminds me of way back when he cut his hair before countdown/season's call etc. (I think it's that era? When he cut his hair short and everyone thought he looked 17. It was a couple years ago)
----------
that's what i was referring to about the AWAKE tour and ASIALIVE was just after. he had it very long during some of the tv promos for the singles and pamphlets. but by the time of the actual tour, he and yuki had both cut their hair short. that was just prior to Countdown and then by Season's Call, it had grown a bit.

basically the summer and fall of 2005. by the FAITH Tour in 2006 it was getting longer again up until the L'Anniversary shows in November of that year. Hyde's hair is always a roller coaster ride. and it's true, once he gets it styled a bit it will look very different. i have a 1998 L'Arc calendar hanging in my den; just hyde, ken and tetsu. the cover photo of hyde looks much like this, short and dark and combed back from his face. the difference is just 11 years of being a rock star. ^ ^

RE: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - Billkwando - 12-07-2009

Here's a version without exercise bikes and snow:

http://listentheworld.wordpress.com/2009/12/06/larcenciel-recording-「bless」/

and while we're at it:

http://listentheworld.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/larcenciel-unfinished-demo-7-tracks/

I was glad I have Download Helper on firefox to snag those.

RE: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - cathb - 12-07-2009

(12-07-2009, 03:34 PM)Billkwando Wrote: Here's a version without exercise bikes and snow:

and while we're at it:

http://listentheworld.wordpress.com/2008/09/21/larcenciel-unfinished-demo-7-tracks/

Hey! About time you crawled out of the woodwork to join us once again!

Icon_blaugh

RE: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - Billkwando - 12-07-2009

(12-07-2009, 04:06 PM)cathb Wrote:
(12-07-2009, 03:34 PM)Billkwando Wrote: Here's a version without exercise bikes and snow:

and while we're at it:

Icon_blaugh

Hi~!

I always got mah ear to the ground, and I drag all the good news back here. ;)

Lately I've been discovering L'Arc's early works. Dune is nifty!

Inner Core is one of the weirdest coolest songs ever to come out of the 90's. The first 4 albums (All aboard the Sakura bus!) are so different from the later music, or what I think of as "the popular stuff". There's some weird metal, Cure, and U2 influences going on there, it seems.

Oh and Wind of Gold reminds me of Shakira......please don't stab me!

RE: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - cathb - 12-07-2009

(12-07-2009, 04:15 PM)Billkwando Wrote:

and while we're at it:

Icon_blaugh

Hi~!

Inner Core is one of the weirdest coolest songs ever to come out of the 90's. The first 4 albums (All aboard the Sakura bus!) are so different from the later music, or what I think of as "the popular stuff". There's some weird metal, Cure, and U2 influences going on there, it seems.

Since the new song came out, I'm back to listening to L'Arc again. I've been on a Faith and 666 kick since this summer. I like the older stuff. Some of some favorite tunes come from then.

RE: New L'Arc~en~Ciel Single!! - mamikochan - 12-07-2009

(12-07-2009, 04:15 PM)Billkwando Wrote:

and while we're at it:

Icon_blaugh

Hi~!

-------------------
hey man! glad to see your shaggy head again! Icon_biggrin

so, you FINALLY found the really good stuff, eh? Tierra is my fave album of all, but it was those 1st 4 albums that made me a laruku nut in the 1st place. Icon_heart while most everyone on here has been listening and watching HYDE's/VAMPS' stuff, i've been digging into as many old concerts as i can, especially the real Indies stuff of 91 and 92 and their year on Danger Crue, 93. it really does sound like a different band. even the way hyde sang, though in some ways he's starting to sound more like he did back in the beginning than he has for a very long time. Icon_eh

btw, ken once said that the 1st recording they did of VOICE for the anthology album GIMMICK sounded like Metallica. of course, he, hyde and tetsu all claimed their 1st influences were "heavy metal". ^ ^

i'll let you have Wind of Gold as Shakira. have you ever seen the small clips in the Sense of Time footage of them getting ready to perform that, with the whole "atmosphere" defined by ken on one side sitting, tetsu sitting on the other with hyde standing beside and his hand on tetsu's shoulder? woh! i've only found a full performance of that in the Other Side of Heavenly show. not with the "atmospheric" enhancements. Icon_lol

yay for download helper and its conversion tool too!! my favorite "snagging" tool. XD freecorder is a pretty good thing too, for those of us not blessed with the know-how for ripping things and cutting them out. XP i'm gonna check out your new goodies. don't be a stranger, Bill lad! Icon_blaugh

edit: so you found Unfinished Demo 7? you can compare I'm in Pain to the version they did in 2006 15th L'Anniversary. that's the song they claimed only a handful of the audience even knew. and i LOVE No Truth!!! but when you go find the lyrics for some of those songs, i promise you that some of the "engrish" bits are so far off it isn't funny. or maybe after years of listening to hyde mess around with english in highly creative manners it's easier to decipher than years back. there used to be a different link for that demo. there was also a download link that worked. but the file has moved around a bit over the last couple of years.

here's a link to a good lyric site that does have those mysterious indie songs too. plus kanji, romaji and english for most things. sometimes there are some discrepancies if you listen closely, but it would probably boil down to different readings of a particular kanji and not realizing it doesn't match what was sung.
http://haruka.vze.com/
a comparative lyric site for romaji and english: http://www.megchan.com/