The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 24 - File: global.php(813) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(813) : eval()'d code 24 errorHandler->error
/global.php 813 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5058 build_theme_select
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(901) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(901) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 901 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International
Places where we can start spreading the word... - Printable Version

+- VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com)
+-- Forum: VAMPS (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: VAMPS Promotion (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Thread: Places where we can start spreading the word... (/showthread.php?tid=407)

Places where we can start spreading the word... - VAMPS + American Street Team + - 08-10-2009

Ok, I have been thinking about this for a while, actually. I've come up with some ideas for places that we can spread the word about VAMPS' music. In the last thread, we came up with a series of issues we faced the first time around, what worked, what didn't work, etc... We need as much time as possible to let people know about VAMPS and shed some light on those who are totally in the dark. ;)

I believe, for the time being, word-of-mouth is out best weapon (again, that's just for now). It is a good way for us to get started, at least, and then we progress to utilizing other methods. I've come up with a list of places where we can spread the word over the Internet. The list is a follows (if you have any other additions to the list, please let me know):

1. Music sites - all kinds of different music sites/forums
- MTV.com
- VH1.com
- J-Rock Revolution.com (promotion may already be going on here, but I wanted to list this site anyway)
- LastFM.com
- YahooMusic.com
- Buzznet.com (I created a group for VAMPS here: http://www.buzznet.com/groups/vamps)

2. Social networking sites:

Ok, many of these do not have "forums" per say, but they do have areas where you can post blogs, journals, status updates, etc...and so I think they would be a good resource to introduce new people to VAMPS.
- MySpace
- Facebook (I created a VAMPS group on Facebook a while back: click here)
- Twitter
- LiveJournal - please post info about VAMPS on every HYDE, K.A.Z, Ju-Ken, Oblivion Dust, L'Arc community. I tried, but this can't be done alone.
- DeviantArt (On my own personal account page, I only post journal entries with news pertaining to VAMPS/L'Arc/HYDE/Gackt and I also try to post new artwork so I can receive more page hits, which will hopefully result in people reading the journal entries and learning about VAMPS)
- Flickr
- Xanga

3. Online Forums
- J-Rock Revolution
- L'Arc~en~Ciel forums:
- Dive to Blue
- L'Arc~en~Ciel European Fan Base
- D-Addicts.com
- HYDE forums (I don't know of any)
- K.A.Z forums/or fansites
- Gackt forums (it's worth a shot as many fans of Gackt tend to be fans of HYDE)
- Music Banter *
- Muzic Forum *

* = Courtesy of Tokio

4. Video sites
Courtesy of Tokio:
"Video and Music (get their music/image out there! Post videos/playlists on your blogs, in forums, so on)
- YouTube
- Vimeo
- iMixes (via iTunes)"
- Veoh
- MySpace vids
- Google vids

-------------------

Fliering

Ok, so I know we've already done this, but I still think it's helpful in getting the word out. Here are some good places to leave fliers:

1. Hot Topic
2. Music stores (i.e. places where you can buy equipment)
3. CD shops
4. Japanese stores (i.e. markets, gift shops, etc...)
5. Coffee shops/cafes (i.e. The Coffee Bean, Starbuck's, etc...)
6. Libraries
7. Book stores
8. University/college campuses
9. Jamba Juice
10. On buses, trains, planes, etc...
11. Bus/train stations
12. In the back window of your car
13. Leave fliers inside of newspapers/magazines
14. Leave fliers in the stands where brochures are kept
15. Leave fliers in random places inside of shoe/clothing stores

*I made a few fliers that you are welcome to use for now. I made a few in color (4"x6" & 3"x2") and a few in black & white (4"x6" & 3"x2"). You can access them here:

http://photobucket.com/vamps_fliers

* Like Tokio mentioed below, in regards to posting info about VAMPS in forums, let's try to use "discreet advertising." I mean, if it's obvious that we're there just to promote VAMPS, we could get kicked out of some sites. So yeah, just try not to be too obvious. ;)

RE: Places where we can start spreading the word... - Tokio - 08-10-2009

Great list to start with.

Here are some more:

Video and Music (get their music/image out there! Post videos/playlists on your blogs, in forums, so on)
- Youtube
- Vimeo
- iMixes (via iTunes)

(thanks to Indie Artist X Marketing Project for ideas)

Forums (go talk about VAMPS - don't be obvious with advertising, might get banned):
Music Banter
Muzic Forums

If anyone can find places that let you post reviews then that may help a bit. I found the concert goer that allows you to post concert reviews but it wouldn't let me register.

I mentioned it up there ^ but Indie Artist X Project might be a good idea to watch and get ideas from. They are trying to find realistic ways indie artists can advertise themselves. They've got a secret artist who will receive advice from a team of people on promotion, fan development, commerce, etc. The artist must do all the work themselves. They are going to keep track of how well each strategy works so they can figure out the best methods artists can use.

Obviously we're not the band so we can't do all the ideas, but we can maybe watch for updates and adopt/modify ideas to fit our own usage.

RE: Places where we can start spreading the word... - cathb - 08-10-2009

(08-10-2009, 06:27 PM)VAMPS + American Street Team + Wrote: Ok, I have been thinking about this for a while, actually. I've come up with some ideas for places that we can spread the word about VAMPS' music. In the last thread, we came up with a series of issues we faced the first time around, what worked, what didn't work, etc... We need as much time as possible to let people know about VAMPS and shed some light on those who are totally in the dark. ;)

I believe, for the time being, word-of-mouth is out best weapon (again, that's just for now). It is a good way for us to get started, at least, and then we progress to utilizing other methods. I've come up with a list of places where we can spread the word over the Internet. The list is a follows (if you have any other additions to the list, please let me know):

- MTV.com
- VH1.com
- J-Rock Revolution.com (promotion may already be going on here, but I wanted to list this site anyway)
- LastFM.com
- YahooMusic.com
- Buzznet.com (I created a group for VAMPS here: http://www.buzznet.com/groups/vamps)

Ok, many of these do not have "forums" per say, but they do have areas where you can post blogs, journals, status updates, etc...and so I think they would be a good resource to introduce new people to VAMPS.
- MySpace
- Twitter
- LiveJournal - please post info about VAMPS on every HYDE, K.A.Z, Ju-Ken, Oblivion Dust, L'Arc community. I tried, but this can't be done alone.
- DeviantArt (On my own personal account page, I only post journal entries with news pertaining to VAMPS/L'Arc/HYDE/Gackt and I also try to post new artwork so I can receive more page hits, which will hopefully result in people reading the journal entries and learning about VAMPS)
- Flickr
- Xanga

3. Online Forums
- J-Rock Revolution
- L'Arc~en~Ciel forums:
- Dive to Blue
- D-Addicts.com
- Gackt forums (it's worth a shot as many fans of Gackt tend to be fans of HYDE)

-------------------

Fliering

Ok, so I know we've already done this, but I still think it's helpful in getting the word out. Here are some good places to leave fliers:

1. Hot Topic
3. CD shops
6. Libraries
7. Book stores
9. Jamba Juice
11. Bus/train stations

*I made a few fliers that you are welcome to use for now. I made a few in color (4"x6" & 3"x2") and a few in black & white (4"x6" & 3"x2"). You can access them here:

Great list!
I'm not sure about the libraries....I work in a public library and we would not allow the fliers....stupid policy, I know.
I'm making new fliers to decorate the back windows on my car. It looks kind of naked back there without the VAMPS advertising. :)

RE: Places where we can start spreading the word... - VAMPS + American Street Team + - 08-10-2009

(08-10-2009, 09:53 PM)cathb Wrote:
(08-10-2009, 06:27 PM)VAMPS + American Street Team + Wrote: Ok, I have been thinking about this for a while, actually. I've come up with some ideas for places that we can spread the word about VAMPS' music. In the last thread, we came up with a series of issues we faced the first time around, what worked, what didn't work, etc... We need as much time as possible to let people know about VAMPS and shed some light on those who are totally in the dark. ;)

- MTV.com
- VH1.com
- LastFM.com
- YahooMusic.com

- MySpace
- Twitter
- Flickr
- Xanga

3. Online Forums
- J-Rock Revolution
- L'Arc~en~Ciel forums:
- Dive to Blue
- D-Addicts.com

-------------------

Fliering

1. Hot Topic
3. CD shops
6. Libraries
7. Book stores
9. Jamba Juice
11. Bus/train stations

Great list!
I'm not sure about the libraries....I work in a public library and we would not allow the fliers....stupid policy, I know.
I'm making new fliers to decorate the back windows on my car. It looks kind of naked back there without the VAMPS advertising. :)

-------------

In terms of leaving fliers in libraries, I was going for a more "what-they-don't-know-won't-hurt-them" approach. ;) Like, leaving a few fliers in some books, in magazine stands, etc... Just try not to get caught, of course. ;)

RE: Places where we can start spreading the word... - cathb - 08-11-2009

(08-10-2009, 11:12 PM)VAMPS + American Street Team + Wrote:
(08-10-2009, 09:53 PM)cathb Wrote:

- MTV.com
- VH1.com
- LastFM.com
- YahooMusic.com

- MySpace
- Twitter
- Flickr
- Xanga

3. Online Forums
- J-Rock Revolution
- L'Arc~en~Ciel forums:
- Dive to Blue
- D-Addicts.com

-------------------

Fliering

1. Hot Topic
3. CD shops
6. Libraries
7. Book stores
9. Jamba Juice
11. Bus/train stations

Great list!

-------------

In terms of leaving fliers in libraries, I was going for a more "what-they-don't-know-won't-hurt-them" approach. ;) Like, leaving a few fliers in some books, in magazine stands, etc... Just try not to get caught, of course. ;)

They would be a whole lot better than what some folks leave behind....lol. Maybe make some VAMPS bookmarks and sneak them in the manga books. :)

RE: Places where we can start spreading the word... - iceybabes - 08-11-2009

- MTV.com
- VH1.com
- LastFM.com
- YahooMusic.com

- MySpace
- Twitter
- Flickr
- Xanga

3. Online Forums
- J-Rock Revolution
- L'Arc~en~Ciel forums:
- Dive to Blue
- D-Addicts.com
- Music Banter *
- Muzic Forum *

* = Courtesy of Tokio

4. Video sites
Courtesy of Tokio:
"Video and Music (get their music/image out there! Post videos/playlists on your blogs, in forums, so on)
- YouTube
- Vimeo
- iMixes (via iTunes)"
- Veoh
- MySpace vids
- Google vids

-------------------

Fliering

1. Hot Topic
3. CD shops
6. Libraries
7. Book stores
9. Jamba Juice
11. Bus/train stations

* Like Tokio mentioed below, in regards to posting info about VAMPS in forums, let's try to use "discreet advertising." I mean, if it's obvious that we're there just to promote VAMPS, we could get kicked out of some sites. So yeah, just try not to be too obvious. ;)

I already have a VAMPS community on LJ, I have a KAZ community, I have an Oblivion Dust community. I have had them a long time actually. Note the links in my signature. The VAMPS community is moderated and only verified information is posted, no illegal downloads of music/PVS is accepted. Also no VAMPADDICT/HYDEIST photo's are accepted. Basically its a no BS zone. The Kaz community is just solely photographs but there is another KAZ community I am part of and try my best to keep it updated with news. Of course the OD community hasn't been updated recently because there hasn't been much OD related news, however I do allow VAMPS things to be posted there since KAZ is part of OD and VAMPS. That's my spill for now. I've spread the word just by talking to people, for instance my brother. And then he tells friends of his and so on.