The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 24 - File: global.php(813) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(813) : eval()'d code 24 errorHandler->error
/global.php 813 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5058 build_theme_select
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(901) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(901) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 901 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International
Baltimore Show Impressions - Printable Version

+- VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com)
+-- Forum: Archives (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Archive (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: 2009 (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: July 16 - SONAR (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Baltimore Show Impressions (/showthread.php?tid=333)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Baltimore Show Impressions - Sekirei - 07-20-2009

I'm late! D: Lol, I just got back from Baltimore and I couldn't get my hands on a computer the whole weekend. It looks like most of what needs to be said has already been said. I just need to let everyone know that this concert was the best experience of my whole 16 years of life! :D Well, physically it was rather agonizing (although I did manage to avoid sunburn with a sparkly umbrella :D) but sooo worth it. I got autographs and was #161 in line, which got me a pretty damn good spot on the floor. I had to jump a little to see Hyde and K.A.Z, but I could see Ju-ken the entire time. I actually got pushed a bit closer to the front as the concert went on. I thought the crowd was awesome; I had plenty of room to flail around most of the time (except during Dolly, when I got so squished I couldn't even raise my arms) and everyone was really polite, in line and during the concert. One girl behind me kept apologizing for pulling my hair (now I know it might be a good idea to put it up next concert I go to). A girl next to me caught a water bottle and gave it to my friend! I caught one of my own. :D

Much more could be said, but I'm lazy and should probably be in bed anyway. ^^; I'll just leave it at 'by far the most awesome experience of my life.' I miss Baltimore already. D: I hope everyone had as awesome a time as I did!

RE: Baltimore Show Impressions - jrockisjoujou - 07-20-2009

OK... i just got home from Baltimore today.
I don't know what to write!!!
Not a review...maybe just some thoughts or "impressions"
Well whatever I write I write.
My ears just stopped ringing sometime this morning.
I have bruises everywhere on my body, especialy my feet and ankles.
and I have sunburn, But....
I had the time of my life!
The guys really rocked!
Hyde is beautiful... fully clothed or half naked!
K.A.Z is a total cutie.
Ju-Ken is a freakin bad-ass. I loved his bass, his makeup, his theatrics, his blown kisses, his performance, his actual eye to eye contact with the crowd. Hell I just love that man!
I am now a true Ju-Ken fan.*lol*

Just as many others, I didn't like the long wait inside for the concert to start. Every 5 minutes that went by were even more torcher than the previous five minutes. All I could do was think, just another couple minutes, don't pass out!!! I was a big sweat ball standing about 7 ppl back from the barrier somewhere between Ju-Ken and Hyde, and still couldn't see much over the tall ppl's heads, when the concert began. Once the guys came out i didn't care about the heat anymore, I welcomed it, along with the doused water. I was in the pit and was like here we go... you can do this... bring it on... I'm in it to win it!

The guys were amazing! I couldn't believe the setlist...it was awesome. I'm not a big concert goer or music critic, but I know what I like, and I was liking it a whole bunch~ya! The crowd was great. There was so much energy from the fans and from VAMPS. It was as if we were "feeding" off of eachother. There was the normal pushing and rushing the stage, but very "together", nothing violent. The worst I got was bitch slapped with some braids from the person in front of me. And my ankles and feet got smashed up pretty good cuz I refused to budge. One dude went up to crowd surf, but they got him straight away. The staff at Sonar had their shit together, pulling out the exhausted bodies, and giving us water. Two thumbs up for their handling of the night. By the two last songs before the encore, I made my way up to the barrier, with the help of some strange big guy push-push-push-ing me forward all night~YUCK! (gotta do whatcha gotta do to get up front *lol*), and by keeping my left foot always firmly planted. After tripping over the 2in. rise thingy on the floor, and one more body pulled from the crowd, I found myself behind only one person, and that was our very own Tokio... I was like "hey there Tokio".

Man, did my perspective of the concert change then. To see VAMPS performing so upclose ~I could only dream that would happen. I could see the whole stage...I didn't know who to watch perform. I was like awww K.A.Z., mmmm Hyde, wowww Ju-Ken. Then they came back out for the encore~Hyde~shirtless, and I knew exactly where to plant my eyes. What? Is that freakin Season's Call... YES!!! Could the night get any better? No!!! During the encore I was in euphoria, trying to take it all in. That night will be one the greatest memories of my life. Actually the whole day will... cuz for a second I almost forgot about touching Hydes soft tiny hands and saying hello at the autograph signing. Unfreakinbelieveable!

Sorry if I didn't give much of a live concert critic perspective. It's all I had in me though. I hope you enjoyed reading.
(07-20-2009, 01:32 AM)Sekirei Wrote: I'm late! D: Lol, I just got back from Baltimore and I couldn't get my hands on a computer the whole weekend. It looks like most of what needs to be said has already been said. I just need to let everyone know that this concert was the best experience of my whole 16 years of life! :D Well, physically it was rather agonizing (although I did manage to avoid sunburn with a sparkly umbrella :D) but sooo worth it. I got autographs and was #161 in line, which got me a pretty damn good spot on the floor. I had to jump a little to see Hyde and K.A.Z, but I could see Ju-ken the entire time. I actually got pushed a bit closer to the front as the concert went on. I thought the crowd was awesome; I had plenty of room to flail around most of the time (except during Dolly, when I got so squished I couldn't even raise my arms) and everyone was really polite, in line and during the concert. One girl behind me kept apologizing for pulling my hair (now I know it might be a good idea to put it up next concert I go to). A girl next to me caught a water bottle and gave it to my friend! I caught one of my own. :D

Much more could be said, but I'm lazy and should probably be in bed anyway. ^^; I'll just leave it at 'by far the most awesome experience of my life.' I miss Baltimore already. D: I hope everyone had as awesome a time as I did!

I totally agree with you about Dolly. It seemed to be a favorite amongst the fans in Baltimore. It got real tight during that song and the energy was turned up a couple notches too. I think most were suprised and very pleased they chose to perform it. And maybe by chance the guys noticed this too. Perhaps the remaining concerts could look forward to them including it in the setlists.

RE: Baltimore Show Impressions - VAMPkito - 07-20-2009

(07-19-2009, 07:59 PM)Guest Wrote: How about some perspective from the older generation? I claim the title of oldest fan at the show, unless someone wants to challenge me. I am the 49 year old father of a 16 year old girl (sekirei on the forum) and don't know that much about J Rock, but wanted her to have a great experience. We got in line about noon. (#159)
My father went with me and he's, give or take a few, 59. YOU'VE BEEN BEATED. DDD:< - Though he's not technically a "fan" so... =x

RE: Baltimore Show Impressions - Tokio - 07-20-2009

(07-20-2009, 01:37 AM)jrockisjoujou Wrote: After tripping over the 2in. rise thingy on the floor, and one more body pulled from the crowd, I found myself behind only one person, and that was our very own Tokio... I was like "hey there Tokio".

OMG for the longest time I was right on the edge of the rise so I had one foot on it and one foot on the floor. I couldn't step up completely because there wasn't enough room, and I couldn't step down completely because there wasn't enough room x.X

And there was 2 people in front of you because there was a girl in front of me. She was shorter than me though so you probably didn't see her. I was partly over her shoulder, using her as an arm rest but doing my best not to hit her in the head XD

I was surprised to find you behind me when I turned around. I'm glad you made it up! And I'm glad some people got pulled out of the pit since that's what helped me move forward.

My chest is sore where someone's elbow or something was jabbed into me while another girl was getting pulled out x.x It was painful but the more people that got pulled out, the closer to the front I got.

RE: Baltimore Show Impressions - missykitty - 07-20-2009

Ahhhhh Baltimore. Icon_heartbeat How awesome you are. My group was able to arrive by 6am, wake up some homeless people in the process of finding parking, and get in line right up front. I was #9~~~

I was the first to go in for the autograph signing though, because we all decided I'd go first to give them the fanbook~. When anyone else went in, did you see the fanbook sitting there or around them? (I hope? XD)

Lots of problems with the whole getting your Otakon badge early thing, miscommunication there, but it worked out, which was nice.

Inside I was able to get barrier right in front of Ju-Ken which made me SOSOSOSOSOSO happy~~!!! :DDD JU-KENNNNN. And he wore his leopard print pants (again, wore them in...Hartford too, I believe). Which are win. And make me want to cosplay Ju-Ken someday. XDDDDDDDD

The crowd started off great, I mean, I really think it was better then New York. Still rough, but MUCHHHH better. The security guards spraying water though got pretty annoying really fast though... I want to DRINK the water, not have it all over me! visualgurl was next to me and she dropped her glowstick and asked one of the guys to get it for her and he did, but then he poured water down the front of her tank top... like that's a bit uncalled for...

Then I pointed out a pick on the stage and they got it for me, but not before pouring water all in my hand first. o_O Um. Okay then. >_>;;;

But it was great. I'm SOOOOO glad they played Lucy!!!

AND HYDE TOOK HIS SHIRT OFF.
Brb died and gone to heaven. Oh man, the nipple piercings... I think he just completed part of my life right there. XDDD

It was SO much fun and I had fun hanging out with everyone in line too. I MISS ALL OF YOU ALREADY. aldjsflkjsdlfjsdl.

...and, because I'm me, I ended up with a sort of psuedo set list. Not an actual list of order, but songs they played. I need to find it in my luggage still though. >>;;

I also got, in Baltimore, Hyde's pick (the one I saw on the stage and the guy got for me) and Ju-Ken because visualgurl was flirting with him before hand, and asked him to bring us picks AND HE ACTUALLY DID!!! He got a Hyde and Ju-Ken for her, and a Ju-Ken for me too!! :DDD I couldn't believe it. XD I got a KAZ pick in Hartford so now I have all 3 picks. :3 My collection is complete~ 8D

I'm sad my VAMPS-ing is over and I'm not seeing them again. I miss VAMPS. I miss the roadies. I miss that cute young roadie with glasses and a camera... and J. J is awesome. And the crew. And of course VAMPS themselves. XDDD

OHOHOH. PS. Did everyone notice that they had the BALTIMORE banner hanging up backstage?? (It might've been mentioned, I haven't read this thread... >>;;) The banner was hanging up backstage and it kept falling down (humidity) but they kept taping it back up! And they were all looking at it, and pointing things out, it was really cool. :) (At one point I saw Arimatsu hanging around in the back too and we waved and he waved back. XDDD)

...I need sleep. Icon_3nodding [/stops ranting now]

RE: Baltimore Show Impressions - Haidoist - 07-20-2009

(07-19-2009, 05:21 PM)Usagi Hoshino Wrote:
(07-19-2009, 05:02 PM)Haidoist Wrote: -dead-

*hugs Haidoist* why are u dead?

It was just too amazing to describe. That's my impression ^_^

RE: Baltimore Show Impressions - Sekirei - 07-20-2009

(07-20-2009, 03:16 PM)Haidoist Wrote:
(07-19-2009, 05:21 PM)Usagi Hoshino Wrote:
(07-19-2009, 05:02 PM)Haidoist Wrote: -dead-

*hugs Haidoist* why are u dead?

It was just too amazing to describe. That's my impression ^_^

There you have it. Nothing else need be said. 8D *still in a bit of a daze*

RE: Baltimore Show Impressions - Billkwando - 07-21-2009

(07-20-2009, 01:37 AM)jrockisjoujou Wrote: I totally agree with you about Dolly. It seemed to be a favorite amongst the fans in Baltimore. It got real tight during that song and the energy was turned up a couple notches too. I think most were suprised and very pleased they chose to perform it. And maybe by chance the guys noticed this too. Perhaps the remaining concerts could look forward to them including it in the setlists.

Oh yeah.....I went nuts when they launched into DOLLY. That was my official freakout song.

Vamps played DOLLY.....many heads were banged.....and it was good. That was when my friend shoved the mosher, I'm pretty sure. It's pretty much the heaviest, grindiest Hyde song. Once they played it, anything else was just extra additional awesome. That song is one of the highlights of Faith Live, and was just as awesome in person.

It just amazes me that Hyde can play bazillion-person arenas, but have just as much enthusiasm and badassity in a tiny club. Hell, we're lucky when you think about it. How many Japanese people get to seem them so up close, not mention the pure insane luck of the autograph session itself?

RE: Baltimore Show Impressions - ssynny - 07-21-2009

wow there's so many good stories here!! I just hope they come back soon. (They better or else what hyde said at the end would be a lie Icon_gonk ) But I know that for next time, 3:30am isn't early enough for a 2:00pm signing....... How many pics did kaz through in hartford? 'Cause I'm positive that my sister got one that he threw.....

RE: Baltimore Show Impressions - do2l - 07-21-2009

(07-20-2009, 01:32 AM)Sekirei Wrote: I'm late! D: Lol, I just got back from Baltimore and I couldn't get my hands on a computer the whole weekend. It looks like most of what needs to be said has already been said. I just need to let everyone know that this concert was the best experience of my whole 16 years of life! :D Well, physically it was rather agonizing (although I did manage to avoid sunburn with a sparkly umbrella :D) but sooo worth it. I got autographs and was #161 in line, which got me a pretty damn good spot on the floor. I had to jump a little to see Hyde and K.A.Z, but I could see Ju-ken the entire time. I actually got pushed a bit closer to the front as the concert went on. I thought the crowd was awesome; I had plenty of room to flail around most of the time (except during Dolly, when I got so squished I couldn't even raise my arms) and everyone was really polite, in line and during the concert. One girl behind me kept apologizing for pulling my hair (now I know it might be a good idea to put it up next concert I go to). A girl next to me caught a water bottle and gave it to my friend! I caught one of my own. :D

you were standing close to where i was standing. i remember someone catching a water bottle who was about a person or two away. I kept having my hair pulled too. i had it up but it fell down from jumping around so much. at one point i had my arms up and i couldn't put them back down because everyone was so close together.
I also thought it was the best concert experience of all the concerts i've been to.