The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 24 - File: global.php(813) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(813) : eval()'d code 24 errorHandler->error
/global.php 813 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5058 build_theme_select
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(901) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(901) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 901 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International
Roll Call! Who's coming? - Printable Version

+- VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com)
+-- Forum: Archives (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Archive (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: 2009 (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+----- Forum: July 16 - SONAR (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Roll Call! Who's coming? (/showthread.php?tid=14)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Roll Call! Who's coming? - Tokio - 06-30-2009

^ I dunno. If people left the line one or two at a time it would be okay to save their spots, but with numerous people it will be difficult.

The concert is first come first serve, so I don't think non-otakon fans are going to be happy if they find out 20 people are in front of them even though they're not in line.

Like I said, 1 or 2 people at a time is fine but anymore than that won't work. Getting out of line to get food or go the bathroom is fine, but getting out of line to get into another line is kind of a whole different ballgame. And everyone has to work out who goes first, who stays in line all that jazz.

I dunno how it's going to work out, but if people are holding spots it can only be a very small number at a time.

Then we also have to deal with the problem of people lying and saying they were closer to the front, or pulling groups of their friends up. It's going to be kind of chaotic.

Also might have to deal with people who come early, claim their spot and then leave the whole day and come back right before the concert (so that they don't have to wait in line). Which is not cool, because waiting in line is part of first come first serve concerts.

If everyone can figure out something that works for everyone, then great. Gotta make sure EVERYONE knows though so that when other fans get in line they're not confused/annoyed at all the line comings and goings.

RE: Roll Call! Who's coming? - Usagi Hoshino - 06-30-2009

Otakon said they are placing the special booths earlier than the concert so we wouldn't have any problems. now we could go in groups of 2 or 4 max. get our badges and then return, since the ones picking up the badges are the same ones going to the concert then.. if we go in small amounts there won't be a line at the otakon booth. (that is if you are lining up for the concert early instead of lining all day for the otakon badge). Otakon badge pickup without a line takes 4 minutes.

^ Yeah that's fine if people come right back.

None of that stuff where someone goes and gets their badge, goes to lunch, goes shopping, goes back to the hotel to shower/change and then comes back 3 hours later and wants their spot.

My rule is: You have one hour to leave the line (as long as you ask someone to hold your spot). If you want to be in the front then you're ass best be in line waiting for it. It shouldn't take more than an hour to do what you need (bathroom, food, running to store for sunscreen, so on).

I just don't like when someone leaves the line and comes back hours later because they don't want to wait.

RE: Roll Call! Who's coming? - Noctilca - 06-30-2009

Just throwing this out there, but I'm sure there will be plenty of people who go to the Otakon pick-up before getting in the Sonar line at all. If the passes are limited to 100 or so, I don't know if it would work to have groups in the Sonar line going one at a time like that. (does that make any sense?)

Not that I have any other solution...

I don't think the pre-pick up line is limited at all. I think just the fast pass for the Q&A/Autograph session is limited. And I think they won't start giving those out until after the doors open and they let us in. Everyone should have their Otakon badge by then.

RE: Roll Call! Who's coming? - Noctilca - 06-30-2009

(06-30-2009, 06:56 PM)Tokio Wrote: I don't think the pre-pick up line is limited at all. I think just the fast pass for the Q&A/Autograph session is limited. And I think they won't start giving those out until after the doors open and they let us in. Everyone should have their Otakon badge by then.

Hmm...I was thinking that they were setting up a booth for the panel passes at the same time as the pick-up for pre-reg badges? I'm just all confused Icon_confused

Edit: Oh, I get it! *smacks head* They're giving out the passes at Sonar, but only if you have the badge, right? And the special booth they're setting up is so we can get our badges faster.

(it's been a long day ;P)

RE: Roll Call! Who's coming? - Rukana - 06-30-2009

I wish I was going to Otakon. I've begged my friend to tell me all about it though. LOL (^_^);;;

I'm going to the concert btw! I've just been a lazy ass and haven't posted here yet. My bad! m(_ _)m

RE: Roll Call! Who's coming? - jrockisjoujou - 06-30-2009

What would be really cool... is if somehow Otakon set up this "special" booth at Sonar to do all this instead of over at the BCC. It would solve everything! But I guess the easy way may be too much to ask for. Easy for us but inconvenient for the Otakon staff for sure.

Or... what if we show our email confirmation letters for our payments for preregistration.
I printed mine out, would that work as proof instead of the badges?
I might be to busy in line to get away to the BCC, hard to predict.

I have a question...important to me, and anyone who may volunteer to help me in line with the t.y. album and glowsticks:
First... I'm not even going to be in line, not for more than a minute or so, all day! I'll be traveling down the line getting the thankyou album signed and passing out glowsticks. Do you seriously think anyone would be P.O.'d at the "glowstick lady" if I came back up front before the show starts? I mean, I am doing this voluntarily, but I would be so sad if I didn't get a pass for Otakon or got into Sonar last after doing all this volunteer stuff for the love of VAMPS.

What do you guys think?
OMGosh... why didn't I think of this earlier!!!!

We are the "Street Team ~ fan club you could say"
We can almost do what we want if we get "J's" permission and let Sonar in on it!

When I went to the Tokio Hotel concert in Columbus Ohio, their fan club was there. The line for the venue lined up going South!
The fan club fans lined up going North of the Venue!
It didn't matter when they arrived to get in line, as long as they had the fanclub shirt on they could enter the much smaller "fan club line"

When the doors opened... the fan club line got to enter first!!!!!
Everyone with the identical tshirt got that privledge.

Soooo... how many of us got the Street Team Shirts?
Or could make something very similar in the days we have left?
This could soooooo work!
~ I feel so smart *LOL*

Downside: For this to work....If you have family or friends coming with you, that don't have a shirt, unfortunately, they have to go in the regular line. Like this would affect me, cuz I didn't order shirts for my 3 other family members. But it would guarantee us "die hards" our spot!

What do you think TOKIO?
What do you think "VAMPS+American Street Team+"?

RE: Roll Call! Who's coming? - missykitty - 06-30-2009

...so I'm utterly and positively confused right now. Otakon has not said anything more about the special panel passes/badges, have they?

To my knowledge they have not. Therefore all this speculation is only going to cause more confused then do good!

I say we wait until Otakon announces what they will do before we go off the deep end planing anything! x_x

Normal pre-reg badge pick up is 7-9pm, yes? Doors for VAMPS are at 7pm. Otakon knows this. They won't make us go over there and get badges then, obviously. The way I'm assuming it will go is there will be something much earlier in the day for us VAMPS go-ers, and they will hand out passes for the panel then... and I'm also just figuring they have to do it somewhere very close to the venue, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

But until Otakon says something, I'm not going to try and figure anything out, it's just pointless. x_x

I think that whole Street Team shirt thing is really stupid as well. No offense. I mean, I would obviously be on that line! But how is that fair to anyone else? (Tokio Hotel fans are hardly ones to go by - I should know, I've been to enough TH shows, and those lines... ugh. Don't get me started at how pissed off I get at Tokio Hotel fans. >>;) That totally kills the point of those waiting in line! Everyone else will be so mad at us "street team" members... it wouldn't be fair at all.

Again, I feel like we're all thinking too much about this when we don't know how the panel passes/badge pick up for us is going to work. That's just my opinion.

(06-30-2009, 10:12 PM)jrockisjoujou Wrote: I have a question...important to me, and anyone who may volunteer to help me in line with the t.y. album and glowsticks:
First... I'm not even going to be in line, not for more than a minute or so, all day! I'll be traveling down the line getting the thankyou album signed and passing out glowsticks. Do you seriously think anyone would be P.O.'d at the "glowstick lady" if I came back up front before the show starts? I mean, I am doing this voluntarily, but I would be so sad if I didn't get a pass for Otakon or got into Sonar last after doing all this volunteer stuff for the love of VAMPS.

Well, at the 2006 show the girl(s?) that had the banner got there really early so they were in the front of the line. Then they ask someone to save their spot while they walked down the line for banner signing.

I think if you do the same thing it shouldn't be a problem. Just ask someone in the front to hold your spot. If it's a friend, they can watch your stuff also, if you have extra stuff you don't want to carry up and down the line.

(06-30-2009, 11:16 PM)missykitty Wrote: The way I'm assuming it will go is there will be something much earlier in the day for us VAMPS go-ers, and they will hand out passes for the panel then... and I'm also just figuring they have to do it somewhere very close to the venue, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

Well, this is what the website says:

"Exclusively for Otakon members, VAMPS will be handing out special passes at their SONAR show that will give you priority access to their panel and autograph session"
[...]
"And to ensure you don't miss out on either event, we're setting up a special booth at Thursday's pre-registration pickup just for those who have tickets to the VAMPS show."

So to me it sounds like the badge pick up will be at the normal place (BCC?) but probably at an earlier time so people can be in line for the concert.

And at Sonar they'll give out panel passes. Maybe they'll just hand passes to people as they enter if they have a badge, or maybe they'll give you a pass if you buy something, I dunno.

But it sounds like badge pickup and panel passes will be done separately.