The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $newpmmsg - Line: 24 - File: global.php(813) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(813) : eval()'d code 24 errorHandler->error
/global.php 813 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 874 - File: global.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 874 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5014 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5014 errorHandler->error
/global.php 874 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 6953 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5041 is_member
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 6953 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5058 build_theme_select
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$bottomlinks_returncontent - Line: 6 - File: global.php(901) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(901) : eval()'d code 6 errorHandler->error
/global.php 901 eval
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(261) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 261 eval
/printthread.php 124 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 174 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 179 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 174 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 179 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International
X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - Printable Version

+- VAMPS International - L'Arc~en~Ciel International (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com)
+-- Forum: VAMPS (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General (http://vamps.baka-koneko.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? (/showthread.php?tid=801)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - Usagi Hoshino - 07-10-2010

(07-10-2010, 10:39 PM)vegetapr69 Wrote: Although I already realized how important X-Japan is in Jrock history by the things mentioned in this threat...let's remember that L'Arc~en~Ciel is a HUGE influence in j-music as well...even when they are still called visual-kei more than one had admitted to feel admiration and the wish to make a song with them.

And let's remember that maybe the success in VAMPS last year tour in the US motivated some other bands to come to America as well [I've read rumors about KAT-TUN going to LA this year as well]. And the fact that in Japan when they talk either HYDE or VAMPS they always have space to mention 'when they went to the USA', so I think they opened the door to see more Japanese performers touring in America soon...

In the end, because of this influence I believe that ANY other act planning to perform in the US should check if someone will be there on the same dates...at least as a sign of respect towards the one who dared to come FIRST and is bold enough to do it again.

Well X Japan started the whole Jrock movement and most likely Tetsu decided to make a band because X Japan showed them it could be done (don't kill me here but if we are talking about who came first then is X Japan, and regardless of that, checking for who is going to perform where is uncalled for).

X Japan and Vamps have totally different sounds and fan base targets. But one of the issues of X Japan performing the same day as Vamps, besides promotion is that in my opinion most of us "old" (more than 10 years of Jrock fandom) "Jrock fans" began with X Japan, and since it was disbanded for more than 9 years seeing them in an actual concert (Lolla is just 1 hours show, kinda like warped tour but more songs ^^"). is a huge opportunity, thankfully they will have more dates.

I won't miss Vamps but would die if I loose my chance to see X Japan. Seeing how flickering Yoshiki's decisions can be, this is huge.

Now I do hope people go to see Vamps but if they don't I wouldn't blame them, is the first X Japan Show in the USA. is like L'arc at Otakon 2004. Plus Yoshiki wanted to come like 2 years ago and then he couldn't because of a neck-back surgery or something like that. Who knows if he got sick and maybe the other shows would get postponed.. x_x

I already bought my Vamps ticket so I'm going to Vamps show ^^ but would love to go to at least one X Japan show before I leave the states yet again x_x.

RE: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - Tokio - 07-10-2010

(07-10-2010, 10:44 PM)VAMPkito Wrote: There was a band playing right beside VAMPS, actually, in the same venue in Baltimore. Although the attendance, as you're aware, wasn't nearly as high as with VAMPS, and of course there was an opening entertainment band before the show. So yes, venues typically do have multiple shows per day.

That's not quite the same because they had multiple stages. Two stages, two shows. One stage, one show, usually. Which is why I mentioned one show per stage per day, for the most part. And an opening band is part of the show..

Most venues I've seen only have 1 stage and do 1 show. Venues that have multiple stages will do 1 show per stage. There might be some exceptions, but that seems to be the standard.

It might be different in Cali but I just looked up shows in Georgia and I didn't see any venues that were doing multiple shows per day (except maybe masquerade because they have two stages, but I didn't check them)

RE: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - Guest - 07-10-2010

VAMPkito said:

(Also, while yes, HYDE has attended an X-Japan gig and has drank with Hide, you failed to mention the more-important fact that K.A.Z used to be part of Hide's solo band =P)

Yeah but your fact about KAZ is kinda common knowledge really...'

Also anything could happen by then. Yoshiki could hurt his neck again at the upcoming Lollapolooza or the August Yokohama Japan concerts. They haven't played overseas' yet except Hong Kong so just wait and see. VAMPS will be fine I think. I don't think people that really love X Japan will love VAMPS. So shouldn't be too much back and fourth.

RE: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - Usagi Hoshino - 07-11-2010

(07-10-2010, 11:33 PM)Guest Wrote: VAMPkito said:

(Also, while yes, HYDE has attended an X-Japan gig and has drank with Hide, you failed to mention the more-important fact that K.A.Z used to be part of Hide's solo band =P)

Yeah but your fact about KAZ is kinda common knowledge really...'

Also anything could happen by then. Yoshiki could hurt his neck again at the upcoming Lollapolooza or the August Yokohama Japan concerts. They haven't played overseas' yet except Hong Kong so just wait and see. VAMPS will be fine I think. I don't think people that really love X Japan will love VAMPS. So shouldn't be too much back and fourth.

I love both and really love them, and I know many that do. Please don't judge us Icon_blaugh.

RE: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - harumi - 07-11-2010

(07-10-2010, 03:33 PM)Aude B Wrote: Well, I saw Yoshiki and Toshi at Paris during the Japan Expo. At that time, I didn't know their music yet. BUT, even if their music is great, I'll NEVER give them any cents! Their attitude disguse(d) me.
They made the audience singing Endless Rain for 20 minutes (the show lasted 45 min...) and when the audience tried an ENCORE, we just obtained a song recorded in studio with light shows... These two divas didn't come again on stage. What a shame!

Some people had waited for them to come in France for years!!! I don't know if they're aware of the costs for buying CDs in Japan... (Customs: 3CDs --> 11 € = about 14$ = 1,230 Yens)... Well I'm pretty angry about the way they treated us....

That's what I really like with VAMPS, they're close to their fans.

Oh my gosh that sounds awful. I have a friend who is a big X fan and he would show me videos of X's lives and said that they were a huge influence on his decision to learn guitar. I remember each song was milked for a long, long time which is really great if you're a long time fan and love the songs (like the extended opening for Sweet Dreams at the Budokan Live for VAMPS last year Icon_heart) but 20 minutes is a bit much....especially when the entire live is only 45 min...I'd feel pretty put out by that Icon_confused

RE: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - VAMPkito - 07-11-2010

(07-10-2010, 11:33 PM)Guest Wrote: VAMPS will be fine I think. I don't think people that really love X Japan will love VAMPS. So shouldn't be too much back and fourth.
You're forgetting that a good deal of the overseas fanbase are Anime fans who will eat up anything that's Japanese BECAUSE it's Japanese.

Also, like Usagi said, VAMPS and X-Japan share a lot more common fans than you think. From my experience, most people who are into X-Japan at least find anything HYDE-related worth a listen. (It's also worth a note that HYDE is often confused with the late Hide; if you ever look up a HYDE video on YouTube, you'll often see a lot of people sending their condolences to the alive-and-well HYDE as opposed to Hide, and it didn't help that HYDE couldn't wait to screw with our minds even more by releasing a photobook entitled HYDE IS DEAD.)

RE: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - VAMPS + American Street Team + - 07-11-2010

I think it's also fair to add that with all the recent stuff X-Japan has been doing in Los Angeles: the Yoshiki Foundation even which also included a h.Naoto fashion show and a taping for an X-Japan video (which turned out to be more like a free concert of sorts) and then there was the live taping in Hollywood. Both of these events were free and sparked a large number of people to attend. So, that reached out to a lot of people. VAMPS, unfortunately and for reasons understandable, are unable to do such things here that would allow for major exposure. Granted, they did tour last year, however, consistency, I think, is important in keeping fans interested. Those of us on this forum love VAMPS and their music. Many of us already have our tickets (or are in the process of buying them) and have even made financial commitments to attend the shows. However, there are still quite a few tickets that need to be sold, so the target is now fans of Japanese rock music in general. The J-Rock community here in LA is small as it is....so that is why I feel the recent X-Japan news could very well pose a problem. *sigh*

RE: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - harumi - 07-11-2010

(07-11-2010, 01:25 AM)VAMPkito Wrote: You're forgetting that a good deal of the overseas fanbase are Anime fans who will eat up anything that's Japanese BECAUSE it's Japanese.

A.M.E.N. (!!!!)

Perfect example: "Oh. L'arc en Ciel. The band that did the music for Full Metal Alchemist?? I love that show."

Me: "Well, yes." (*facepalming mentally*)

I don't know. I guess it's okay that anime is a conduit through which Americans can get great Japanese music they might not otherwise be exposed to, but there's just something about the fact that your average American gets all its Japanese culture SOLELY through anime. At least that's the way it appears to me....

RE: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - Guest - 07-11-2010

Never heard VAMPS before...

It's not bad, but.. It doesn't do anything for me. I'm glad they have a strong fanbase here and everything and I know the importance of L'arc en Ciel and all that, but yeah.. It's typical j-rock fare that doesn't necessarily standout from the crowd.

Just my opinion.

RE: X-Japan: First North American Tour to Kick Off Oct. 1st? - Tokio - 07-11-2010

Typical j-rock fare? Do you mean their music is typical j-rock? I think they sound more like a western band.